Mission of the Atlanta Early Music Alliance:
It is the mission of the Atlanta Early Music Alliance (AEMA) to foster enjoyment and awareness of the historically informed performance of music, with special emphasis on music written before 1800. Its mission will be accomplished through dissemination and coordination of information, education, and financial support.
Goal of the Atlanta Early Music Alliance Grant:
The goal of the Atlanta Early Music Alliance Grant is to support and encourage the education and performance of early music throughout the Atlanta area. Preference will be given to proposals which directly support historically informed performance practice and/or education of early music (travel expenses, performance stipends, music purchase, expenses incurred by the venue, etc.) and which demonstrate financial need.
Individuals and/or organizations who apply for a grant must be members of AEMA for consideration of the application. Membership information can be found on this website on the Become a Member page.
Grant amounts will vary, but will not exceed $500.00. The awarded amount will be at the discretion of the Board.Deadlines and Award Announcements:
Applications should be received at least three months in advance of the proposed event.
Awards will be announced within one month following receipt of application. Applications are reviewed on a continuing basis. Because grant funds are limited, early applications are encouraged.
Upon Receipt of Grant:
The recipient is required to
• Acknowledge the Atlanta Early Music Alliance in the printed program and/or aloud during the concert.
• Open the event to the public, including members of AEMA.
• Provide a 10% or similar discount to card-carrying AEMA members for event admission.
• Allow AEMA to display membership and promotional materials during the concert.
• Provide AEMA with a preview or article related to the event for its BROADSIDE newsletter